Sunday, March 18, 2012

See Where That Gets You?

Right after writing the previous blog post about my path toward a new professional/creative life, I kind of fell down a rabbit hole. Not the kind where you start on Pinterest and three hours later you're researching wine country near Budapest, the kind where you start with a blog post and three hours later you've started a small business.

My husband said, "Do you want to come with me tonight to Connect?" and I responded, "Yeah, let me finish registering my LLC." And so it was.

To track back, I think that I created a "to do" for today to write a draft of a business plan, or at the very least, start fleshing out ideas for a mission statement and services for my small business idea. Well, after writing that in Penzu, I decided to post it to my URL and learn something new about CSS. Multitasking is the name of the game. One thing lead to another and soon I had posted a simple, one page business statement to silverspringexperience.com, a URL I've been sitting on for several years now. Then I somehow turned a corner and decided to investigate creating an LLC in Georgia. An hour later, I've purchased a new URL "silverspringinteractive.com", applied for an LLC online, and voila! It was so easy. After several years of feeling wishy washy about starting a small business, this feels right, easy, clear and imminently doable.

Another cool thing that is happening is that each time I talk to a friend about this idea, they give me another piece of the puzzle. Thanks Beth for the kick to focus upon small business, thanks Alisa for the quick mobile site maker and connection to the social content company, thanks John for helping me sound out the small business community idea, and thanks new friend Chris for pointing me toward yet another small business sector.

Now all I need is a logo, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment